X
²²ײ
²
IJͲ ²
̒


.




  /  ̒   /   /


Ϊ «- : QR-, , »

   / -




— — , - . .
’ — , , . , — — , 988 . , , . , .
. . ’ . , , . 1934 , , , . 1787 . , , . « , . . , , , , -, , , . », — « ».
. ’ 1843 . , . , « ». , , ’. .
, ’ «». … , , … 1846 . ’ . 195- ’ «».
1990 . , 2000- ’ . 2000 . ’ , 2,5 .

³,
The Bell’s Well 
The Bell’s Well is an old source in the village Novy Petrivtsi - is the only reminder that the Kyiv-Mezhygirsky Transfiguration Monastery was earlier on this place. The source is famous for the taste and healing properties of water.
According to legend, the name of the well comes from the fact that the monks poured the bells and installed from them a bell system, which produced a pleasant melody. It is believed that they made this so that many fish drove to the source of the monastery through the creek from the Dnieper itself for the sake of this ringing music.
It is also said that the monks of the Kyiv-Mezhygirsky monastery built a chapel in the place of the source with the installed bells: when the water struck by them with a strong jet, then a melodious bell sounded. Hence the name of the well is called.
The history of the monastery, as well as many other Ukrainian shrines, ended with the advent of Soviet power. In 1934 it was blown up, and in memory only a source left, the water of which has a slightly metallic taste due to high concentration of iron and still rings, sprinkling vigorously.
In 1787, Catherine II, who arrived in Kyiv, brought water from the Bell's Well.
In 1998, to the 155th anniversary of the visit to Mezhygirya of Taras Shevchenko, the the Bell's Well was restored at the expense of residents of the village of Novy Petrivtsi. There are memorials near it that Kobzar was here. Taras Shevchenko recalled Mezhyhirya in his poem “Chernets” (“The Monk”):
... There is a monk dumb
In the ravine to drink water
but mentions how hard
It was living in the world ...
The artist also depicted a well in his drawings.
The Bell's Well from October 2000 is a hydrological monument of nature of local importance and is now located on the territory of Staropetrivsky Forestry, which occupies an area of 2.5 hectares.

Irina Vitrick,
Senior Researcher at the Museum of Historical Treasures of Ukraine

 
-

360



ij






:





³ (1): +

 (08.09.2019)
 22-1-2EUUW7
³